Job ID: 90470
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Who are we?
Every day, billions of transactions, calls and messages that hold the world’s communications fabric together run on systems that Amdocs has helped to create.
Because we work with some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, our work makes an impact. Over the past four decades, we have continually reinvented ourselves, and as we keep moving into exciting new areas such as media, gaming, IoT, 5G, cloud services and more, there are always opportunities for us to grow and develop. We will nurture your entrepreneurial instincts with open doors and promote your ability to seize the day. Our company is built of amazing people, a supportive atmosphere and a culture built on mutual support, respect and a “feel good factor” that can only happen in a workplace built by the kind of people that Amdocs employs.
Make your career journey with us.
In one sentence
Amdocs product offerings with industry-standard documentation sets, to allow the customer and internal employees to understand and use Amdocs products via the use of its publications.
What will your job look like?
- You will be creating publications that explain the company’s products to its customers and internal audience and allow full use of its functionality.
- You will be ensuring that documentation products meet industry standards of quality, usability, and format using writing expertise and product knowledge.
- You will assume full responsibility for all official documents of one or more product applications.
- You will be creating and maintaining the application's documentation and/or training framework, as well as the content of its publications.
- You will be gaining knowledge of the product's new functionality via attendance at Design Review/ Focus Team/ Opportunity Team/ Scrum meetings as well as reading design documents, interviewing SMEs and using the product itself.
- You will independently create new version documents using own product knowledge information and new functionality information that is gained via activities described in #5
- You will integrate into the documentation all relevant information gained from interaction with developers, designers, testers, infra, implementation, product managers and program managers, as well as customer feedback.
- You will maintain existing documents and/or learning materials and updating them for changes.
- You will estimate time and effort required for documentation tasks, contributing to documentation plans.
- You will be doing Peer-review on documentation for other members of the Technical Publications team.
All you need is…
- Required 5-8 years of experience in creating high quality technical documentation
- Understand applications with end user point of view, create and upgrade user manuals and help files
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Understanding of telecom domain is a plus
- Worked on any authoring tools but MadCap software is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile software development
Why you will love this job:
- You would be responsible for designing end-to-end learning solutions to address business needs and priorities
- You will work closely with many interfaces to determine the right method to use in the product training
- You will manage learning development projects, collaborating with internal and external interfaces and setting timelines and tasks to ensure all interfaces are well aware of their part in the project