Requisition ID: 113542
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Location: Tahoe Office
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Are you a leader with a passion for people and technology? Our growing Information Technology team in Mississauga, Ontario has an exciting opportunity for a Tech Lead to drive the next generation of our technology projects forward while maintaining our customer experience.
As a Tech Lead with Sobeys, you will:
- Serve as a technology expert in the product area, and maintains a depth of knowledge in current industry trends for the respective Product business functional area. Guides the team with its technical deliverables.
- Manage the day-to-day product activities of the team, and integrates work into product backlogs. Ensure proactive and reactive problem management is driven across all of the delivery teams. Provide advice and lessons learned, and proactively helps teams improve their ways of working and supporting tools (e.g., Kanban). May lead teams in Daily Scrums.
- Advice and lead product teams on Agile practices, processes, and overall approach to executing product delivery quickly and with quality. Also, leads and coaches the team in DevOps methods and delivery. Raise the performance of product teams through continuous improvement and meeting facilitation.
- Advice the team in the development of the solution design based on the business and technology requirements.
- Drive improvement using a hypothesis; experimentation; measure; knowledge sharing; and ensure teams are actively seeking out opportunities for improvement. Contribute technical expertise in service of continuously improving applications across their lifecycle, and provide ongoing maintenance and support to adapt to changing business requirements. Involved in Release planning & Management.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders in end-to-end service delivery lifecycle. Ensure the appropriate sign-offs are obtained at the correct stage (e.g., Architecture, IT security, Infrastructure and Product teams etc.), appropriate operational and support requirements are maintained.
- Ensure the completion of business, technology and operational testing and the definition and optimization of appropriate service maintenance models
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Solid understanding of the infrastructure and application landscape
- Experience leading DevOps teams
- Proven track record in Service, Demand, Change and Release management
- Excellent understanding and awareness of ITIL processes and tools
- Expert knowledge of concepts and tools behind the design of the relevant area of expertise e.g., business processes or systems and underlying information technologies
- Business acumen coupled with good understanding and awareness of the technology enabling the Team’s business functional area
- Negotiation Skills
- Agile or Scrum certification prefered
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.