Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Responsible for the daily operation for one of many base lodges or up mountain locations. Ensure operations are managed to meet or exceed budget while maintaining a high level of customer service. Provide support, direction and assistance to all staff members while helping them maintain a “Fast, Friendly, Flexible and Fun” attitude. Must perform well in a team atmosphere; working with colleagues to ensure success in all outlets, maintaining clear and open communication with kitchen staff members, F&B management team, and all other departments within the resort. Must see teamwork, employee morale and a positive work environment as a priority.
- Minimum two years food and beverage management experience, in a fast paced, high volume, food and beverage operation
- Ability to understand and apply sound financial, purchasing, and personnel management with an emphasis on training, directing and motivating others
- Possess the ability to work as a team member with other management and supervisory positions
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Conversational Spanish speaking ability highly desirable
- State food handlers permit
- Tips card
- Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business
- Monitor daily operations to ensure customer service and quality levels are achieved
- Responsible for training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, coaching, and correcting behaviors
- Address issues, concerns, and complaints; resolve problems, and ensuring compliance with all state and federal labor laws
- Continuously review/implement programs to drive revenue per skier visit
- Maintain clean, well-organized facilities in compliance with company and legal standards and regulations
- Implement the company and department philosophies, vision, mission, and values into the daily operation of the department
- Ensure the production of the best possible product, attractively presented and efficiently served
- Establish the daily operating procedures and oversee implementation, planning, and procedures
- Effectively work with the Receiving department to ensure proper delivery and receipt of all orders for facilities
- Ensure proper controls are in place with cash handling and reporting procedures
- Produce inventories, reports, and other paperwork as required, in a timely manner
- Participate in weekly management meetings and other company activities
- Other duties as required by the Food & Beverage Manager and/or Senior Management Team
- Implement company policies and procedures and use good judgment when responding to employees concerns or issues
- Represent the views of staff to management and the views of the company to the employees
- Maintain high staff morale; motivate employees to perform under challenging conditions
- Handle customer relations and/or employee problems that may arise, making consistent decisions to resolve conflict
- Assist the F&B Operations Manager in planning/preparing the operating and capital budgets
- Plan, develop, and implement goals, objectives, and policies for the assigned departments
- Perform daily and weekly examination of revenue, expense, and labor reports
- Frequently review with the supervisory staff to maintain familiarity, assess status towards achieving goals and budget objectives
- Assess financial performance and adjust operations to meet/exceed goals
- Other duties as assigned by the F&B Operations Manager, the General Manager, and the Senior Management Team.
- Be knowledgeable about the ski area and all food and beverage services
- Provide a positive attitude towards the workplace, co-workers and guests
- Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers effectively regarding personnel/work issues
- Work unsupervised in a manner that is professional and consistent with company and department policies and procedures
- Maintain a detail oriented focus, ensuring all steps are taken to develop and implement training and development programs.
- Ensure duties/projects/tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Follow the Food and Beverage Manager and Supervisor Behavioral Expectations and act according to these guidelines in the workplace
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or greater with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion. The employee will occasionally walk on slick, wet, snow-covered, or uneven surfaces.
Help create history at Wilmot Mountain as Vail Resorts bridges 75 years of skiing tradition with new state-of-the-art lifts, snowmaking, renovated lodges, and terrain parks, all while honoring the important legacy of the ski area. Be a part of the tremendous Wilmot Mountain brand recognized widely among Chicago and Milwaukee skiers and snowboarders, and also part of the Vail Resorts’ family that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at every property. Wilmot Mountain truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 237909