Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
The System Director of Dining Services is a key leadership position directly responsible for the successful operation of multiple Food & Nutrition Services in more than one Acute Care Hospital in a given geography.
- Ensures client, customer service/satisfaction with efficient cost effective management meeting and exceeding stated expectations at all sites
- Manages all foodservice-related activities, including patient care, non-patient care (retail, cafeteria, catering etc), quality improvement, sanitation, infection control, and all hospital-related activities at all sites
- Oversees systems and processes to ensure the strategic and operational objectives of the client for the system are met
- Visits patients on an assigned nursing unit or area and helps ensure that every patient is visited by a member of the management or professional team at least once during their hospital stay.
- Leads team of Directors within the system
- Manages system budget
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus seven years of directly related experience preferred
- Minimum of seven plus years of hospital or adult home/care experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Previous experience in foodservice management operations of multi-unit acute care hospitals highly desirable
- Nine plus years of direct foodservice operational management experience with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control
- Strong knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Previous P&L accountability or contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Strong supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels
- Excellent financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- ServSafe® Certified
- Certified Dietary Manager certificate or Registered Dietitian preferred
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 258577