Job ID: 87750
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – Yes
Who are we?
Every day, billions of transactions, calls and messages that hold the world’s communications fabric together run on systems that Amdocs has helped to create.
Because we work with some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, our work makes an impact. Over the past four decades, we have continually reinvented ourselves, and as we keep moving into exciting new areas such as media, gaming, IoT, 5G, cloud services and more, there are always opportunities for us to grow and develop. We will nurture your entrepreneurial instincts with open doors and promote your ability to seize the day. Our company is built of amazing people, a supportive atmosphere and a culture built on mutual support, respect and a “feel good factor” that can only happen in a workplace built by the kind of people that Amdocs employs.
Make your career journey with us.
In one sentence
Software Team Lead carries management responsibilities for a group of engineers; responsible for segments of the planning, design, and is expected to provide professional and technical leadership for the group, raise risks, suggest mitigations and make decisions
What will your job look like?
- You will lead and mentor a team of QAs, UI Developers & Back End Developers evolving our current product; ensure all the project agreed deliverables are completed to the required level of quality and promotes team engagement and motivation.
- You will provide technical & professional leadership to the team members & assess overall team and team members performance
- You will provide input to on estimations end to end, including development and quality assurance; plan resource needs and ensure effective task allocation.
- You will effectively lead formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, software architects and product owners, applying experience and knowledge providing technical and managerial perspective
- You will act as technical interface with other teams to resolve and promote issues, communicate plans and conclusions as well as recommendations for issue closure.
- You will support and promote day to day development efficiency and optimization initiatives
- You will support and defend scrum methodology and technical good practices within the team
All you need is…
- Experience leading development teams, covering the whole development cycle, from requirements taking to production environment roll out
- Experience and good understanding of spring framework (Spring MVC, Spring boot, Spring workflow and core)
- Integration and design patterns. Good practices and deep knowledge in unit testing.
- Java tuning and profiling
- Load distribution using messaging protocols (rabbit – amqp)
- Understanding of basic security vulnerabilities issues and good practices to prevent them (man on the middle, cross site scripting, encrypting)
- Good understanding of CI pipelines using Jenkins and git as SCM
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Understanding on standard network configurations for different environments (local, dev, QA) and artifacts involved (proxies, routing
Nice to have
- Experience with monitoring using Splunk or ELK tools
- Containers provisioning with docker
- Experience working with microservices
- Experience in test automation and QA pyramid of testing.
Why you will love this job:
- You will be working within an extremely diverse and multi-cultural environment, and a fast growing and dynamic organization
- You will be provided with a rare learning opportunity within an experienced team, working on high end technology and solutions.
- You will be working on market leading software for the telecommunications industry