Requisition Number: 41003
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Purpose of the Position: Provides leadership to Foam Spool Assembly, Refurbishment, Shipping, and Wallace Warehouse operations to ensure safety, quality, and production goals are met.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Inspire a safety culture where all individuals are responsible for their safety and team members. Lead by example those safety principles that will ensure a safe working environment for all personnel.
- Provides leadership and management in the operations for Foam Assembly, Refurbishment, Shipping, and Wallace Warehouse.
- Champions process control and change management efforts to adapt to operations changes.
- Provides supervision to section supervisors, team leaders, technicians and engineers, including effective management of key resources and overall talent management objectives.
- Build and maintain close relationships with other operations departments to share and receive feedback on upstream and downstream operations. Optimize performance of production operations.
- Monitors and tracks performance in the Foam Assembly, Refurbishment, Shipping, and Wallace Warehouse areas. Works with Planning to understand production rates needed in each area. (Shipping pack rate per hour, daily foam assembly production, refurbishment, and daily keg filling rate)
- Deploy Corning’s talent management programs within the department to effectively attract, develop, and maintain talent, ensures that all salaried employees have training and development plans.
- Ensure the department is meeting quality specifications and maintaining the systems and actions necessary to ensure compliance with department certification programs, quality System Audit Program, and ISO registration. • Ensure customer service objectives are being met: error free shipments and ship-date compliance for spools and kegs. • Review operation budget and forecast.
- Approve all process/equipment changes and experimental plans involving the production process, including process improvement, new product trial runs, equipment/tooling redesign, raw material, batch and/or component changes.
- Provides feedback for monthly period reports that accurately summarize performance for the department and tracks related metrics.
- Lead project efforts in Supply Operations
- Tracking coating usage and expiration analysis to reduce retest of coating for North America
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Technical, Business or Supply Chain)
- Certification from APICS (CPIM or CSCP designation) preferred
- Manufacturing operations experience (5- 7+ years)
- MES experience (FactoryWorks or Camstar)
- PI data experience
- Understanding of plant wareflow
- Operations Management
- Business Acumen
- Financial Analysis
- Excel proficiency
- Knowledge of ad hoc queries using Camstar
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Process Management
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Interested in learning more about this role? Apply today!
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.