Job Req ID: 204695
Position Number: 00126073
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 1st shift with rotating weekends
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Linen Services
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: Atrium Health’s CMC
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Supervises and assists in the daily operation of decontamination, cleaning, assembly, packaging, sterilization and storage of instruments, supplies, packs, and equipment dispensed following established infection control practices according to prescribed policies and procedures. Monitors the work volume, productivity, and flow of work, and adjusts staff assignments and responsibilities as needed to facilitate the completion of the job.
- Provides direct supervision of instrument technicians in the Sterile Processing and Distribution department.
- Demonstrates the ability to accept new ideas and convey them to the staff in a positive manner.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of the Sterile Processing and Distribution department.
- Assures all sterilization records are accurately maintained.
- Prioritizes work to ensure good quality customer service.
- Functions as a resource to instrument technicians.
- Functions as preceptor for new staff.
- Maintains open lines of communication with customers of the Sterile Processing and Distribution department.
- Identifies work quality issues and follows up with a corrective action plan.
- Monitors instrument technicians’ schedule and adjusts according to work volume and staff development needs.
Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time. Bend and/or stoop. Reach and/or stretch. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. Push/pull heavy loads. Acuity in vision and hearing. Dexterity in both hands and fingers. Intact sense of smell and touch. Must be able to work under pressure.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Certified sterile processing technician or surgical technologist preferred. Previous experience in surgical services or central services required. Demonstrated ability to read, write and comprehend English preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer