Requisition ID: 222842
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Project No.: [[cust_projectNumber]]
- Grade: Z
- Position to be Panel Interviewed? [[cust_panelInterview]]
Assists in Electrical Engineering activities which includes performing power system studies, design calculations Load List , Data Sheets, providing Material Take Offs (MTOs), Material Requisitions, Technical Bid Analysis, Interaction with the Bidders, Purchase Requisitions, Vendor Prints Review, resolving Vendor queries, getting familiar with Bechtel Processes and Procedures etc. as per the direction of assigned Electrical Lead/Responsible Engineer.
Duties consist of various task to be completed within the stipulated time as assigned by the Electrical Engineer.
A. Supervision Received
§ Receives technical and administrative supervision from an Engineering Supervisor.
B. Supervision Exercised
§ None. May provide technical direction as appropriate to drafters, technicians and others who perform specific design support assignments.
§ Maintains contact with the immediate work group or discipline and interfaces with other disciplines as specifically directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Assists in conceptual designs, studies, reports and proposals.
2. Performs calculations and basic preliminary analyses.
3. Uses Smart Plant 3D tools (S3D/SPEL) as directed.
4. Checks manufacturers’ drawings and data for compliance with specifications.
5. Assists in detailed development of established design concepts for power system studies, load flow analysis
6. Assists in developing or reviews discipline material quantity estimates.
7. Compiles, verifies and correlates data relating to engineering problems.
8. Assists in evaluation of suppliers.
9. Provides input to and/or maintains records for equipment and components.
10. Participates in preparation of material requisitions, specifications and other related procurement documents.
11. Coordinates assigned work with other technical personnel as directed.
12. Assists in development and verification of project control documents and status reports.
13. Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
14. Bechtel execution methodology for projects in different GBUs (Global Business Units)
Pursuing Electrical Engineering degree from a reputed Institute.
Have interest in core Electrical Engineering subjects like Power System Studies, Load Flow analysis, Transformer and Cable Sizing Calculations, Electrical Equipment such as High Voltage and Low Voltage Switchgear, Selection of Protective Devices- Circuit Breakers, Fuses, Contactors, Relay Protection and Coordination Philosophy, SCADA and PLC systems
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
Have general awareness of Oil & Gas, Refinery and Petrochemical industries, Power Plants, Metal & Mines. Have an inclination of pursuing a career in core Electrical Engineering application.
Ability to work in a team and possess good communication skills.
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com