Requisition ID: 224972
Bechtel National, Inc (BNI) Bechtel's government services business, in one of the top providers to department and agencies to the US and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national homeland security. Bechtel currently manages the Mobile Launcher 2 project in Cape Canaveral, FL. This project is the design and construction of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Mobile Launcher 2 (ML2) for the Space Launch System (SLS).
Responsible for gathering and compiling data essential to the administration of subcontracts. Assists with implementation of subcontract administration procedures and coordinates or monitors the completion of administrative tasks. Also monitors areas of subcontract performance as assigned. Conducts investigations and inquiries into specific subcontract problems and may provide assistance in claims research.
- Gathers and compiles support data for the preparation of documents and the administration of subcontracts.
- Assists Subcontract Manager or Subcontract Administrators in completion of the various administrative tasks required by the Contract/Subcontract Management Manual; Standard Work Process Procedures and automated subcontract management systems.
- Monitors areas of subcontract performance, as assigned.
- Conducts investigations and inquiries into specific subcontracts problems, as assigned.
- Organizes materials for the preparation of meetings, presentations and training sessions.
- Assists in the preparation of periodic status reports.
- Acts on own initiative on assigned subcontracts of increasing value and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, plus 3 years of related experience. In lieu of degree, 9 years of related work experience.
- US citizenship required.
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Some basic knowledge of contract types, terms and legal requirements.
- Some basic knowledge of law, negotiations, accounting or cost engineering gained through education or experience.
- Basic knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, and applicable Agency Supplements.
- Basic understanding of Governmental Contracts and the flow-down of applicable clauses and requirements.
- Basic understanding of Cost Accounting Standards, and determination process for applicability to the work.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.