Requisition Number: 38537
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Strategy and Business Development Manager, SEA is responsible to provide market development and solution value proposition generation support for the SEA region. The role will work closely with the Corning International and SEA Sales leadership and will align with strategy resources in these regions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plays a key role with the Director in the strategic planning process, helping to ensure that there are strong systems in place for communications and that all streams (Corning businesses, sales operations and channel distributors) are working under a single umbrella aligned to the strategic plan.
- Develop data-based, insightful market entry, share maintenance strategies for all Corning businesses in the respective regions and in partnership with the relevant divisions.
- Develop insightful and implementable functional strategies in areas such as innovation, procurement, etc., includes supporting the Emerging Market Hub (EMH) projects.
- Cultivate and promote Corning’s credibility and market leadership in the SEA region by supporting promotional / pipeline building / lead generation activities.
- Plan and execute business development projects that are critical to the team’s priorities, including analyzing and synthesizing data as necessary.
- Use Corning resources to influence/accelerate sales cycle and increase win rate
- Work in partnership with sales teams to develop processes/solution to offer reasonable agility to customers, customer interaction plans, distributor incentives, and/or other tactical commercial initiatives.
- Serves as a key contact to new business leads and sales teams: fielding questions, coordinating projects, and preparing key information/ reports for the Director.
- Monitor the business development pipeline for all opportunities and identify and enact support efforts for each phase of pipeline development which may include cold calling, follow-up, promotional material creation and distribution, product training, quote generation and follow-up, part number and pricing, etc.
- Provide monthly commercial tracking and follow-up of active projects and opportunities
- Assist in developing and managing a prioritization and execution process
- Serves as business development resource to help execute ecosystem partnership activities (promotional material & activities, collateral creation, customer meeting support, etc.)
- Document and update competitive intel monthly in Salesforce.com (SFDC).
Knowledge Skills & Experience Required:
- Technical undergraduate (engineering or material science preferred) – MBA or equivalent a plus
- Fluent in English
- Min 2 years’ experience in strategy development and process management, with focus on Material Science manufacturing.
- Consulting experience a plus.
- Competent in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel / PowerPoint)
Key Success Factors:
- Able to understand basic financial principles of a business model
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation and negotiation skills
- Must possess strong initiative and resiliency
- Strong ability to manage data and create financial models and contribute to sales pipeline.
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Strategy buy-off by key stakeholders
- Quality (creativity and implementation) of insights provided
Travel Requirements: Up to 15% (overseas)