Apply early as this job may be filled at any time.
The Summer Internship Program provides interns an opportunity to learn more about how our efficient, safe and “green” rail network supports the global supply chain. Interns participate in group events and projects, experiencing first-hand what it is like to be a full-time BNSF employee. Operating one of the largest railroads in North America, we have countless opportunities for interns to develop their skills, create new ideas and even travel!
The program begins with an extensive corporate orientation in Fort Worth, Texas. During the training period, interns receive a company overview and interact with company leaders. Following orientation, interns receive on-the-job training according to their assigned group. The summer will be spent in Fort Worth or in a field location that can be anywhere on BNSF’s system. The objective of our Summer Internship Program is to find students that will join us after graduation as part of our Management Trainee Program
Relocation assistance may be provided to interns who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
Work Location: Fort Worth, TX
Start Date: 06/02/2021
End Date: 08/10/2021
Salary Range: $3,687.50 per month
Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding potential interviews, testing and hiring events for this position. Please check your e-mail on a daily basis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacting with internal customers and suppliers regarding required specifications pricing, availability, and delivery of ad hoc/non-catalog procurement requests.
- Performing necessary systematic corrective action on issues related to supplier purchase orders or contract non-compliance.
- Supporting service and material buyers with ad hoc reporting and special project assistance.
- Supporting contract management in the execution of accurate and timely agreements.
Additionally, qualified candidates must be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles.
- Primarily an office environment, with some field activities.
- Normal office hours, Monday through Friday, with weekend or evening work as required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 for engineering majors OR cumulative GPA of 3.0 for non-engineering majors.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or graduate degree program at an accredited university at the time of application and throughout the duration of the internship.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Relocation to Fort Worth, Texas for the summer.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Pursuit of a degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance, Marketing, or other Business related degree.
- Graduation date prior to September 1, 2022.
- Basic quantitative analysis skills.
- Knowledge in data extraction techniques using SAS, GQL, or Crystal reports.
- Ability to demonstrate basic project and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Relocation Stipend
- Summer Lodging Stipend
- Potential for offer of fulltime position
- Paid Internship
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Strategic Sourcing | Fort Worth, TX | 76131