Req ID: 30949
Experience Level: Manager
Other Location(s): Irvine (CA); Los Angeles (CA)
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
The Information Technology Group (ITG) at the Capital Group Companies has recently created the Solution Reliability Engineer role in the organization. We are being very deliberate to align with our DevSecOps evolution and have created this role to help drive measurable improvements in our solutions’ reliability, availability, supportability and resiliency.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual contributor who can bring his/her experiences to the team and help lead our SRE evolution efforts across ITG. As an SRE Principal at Capital Group, you will play an important role in driving the awareness, adoption and adherence of the key functions of SRE, which include, but not limited to: reliability, availability, supportability and resiliency of our critical applications, products and solutions. You will be expected to provide thought leadership across IT, and continuously elevate the organizational capabilities by providing strong guidance and mentoring to the SRE guild.
- Leads the development and execution of SRE strategies and roadmaps
- Leads and drives the necessary evolution from reactive thinking and responding to the proactive prevention
- Leads automation efforts across application/product domains with measurable outcomes
- Ensures optimal operational management of the product/solution and/or adjacent products/solutions
- Mentors and provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for the SRE Guild and to other IT Teams
- Drives the importance of non-functional requirements and the implementation of them in our solutions
- Supports Continuous Improvement (CI) strategies across IT
- Performs additional responsibilities, as assigned
- BS Degree in Computer Science, or related technical field, and/or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in IT role(s) with a history of increased responsibilities
- Demonstrated passion for automation, and experience using automation tools such as, but not limited to: Splunk, ITSI, Python, Ansible, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc.
- Can influence others to embrace automation
- Prior/current Operational experience managing critical business applications and infrastructure
- Thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with prior Application Development experience
- Strong interest in monitoring, optimizing, scaling and troubleshooting problems in large distributed systems environment
- Prior/current experience in a DevOps-related role
- Experience applying Software Engineering techniques to solve operational inefficiencies
- Thorough understanding of ITSM processes (ITIL Certification(s) a plus)
- Ability to establish baselines, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and data-driven improvements
- Effective communicator (written and verbal)
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world’s largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.