Requisition Number: 38295
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in speciality glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
- Responsible for thermal equipment engineering as primary focus and thermal process engineering as secondary focus. Thermal equipment engineering includes equipment design and development, commission, and acceptance across Corning Businesses.
- Grow technical competencies and expertise in thermal equipment engineering supported for manufacturing or mass productions with fundamental understandings and/or develop new core technology to support Corning success.
- Possesses good communication, harmony, positive attitude and project management skills on dynamic fast-pace projects with timely support and can manage oneself with minimum supervision.
- Live in Corning values, integrate cultures, nurture strategic thinking and ability to influence
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Work on assigned project, no specific day-to-day job.
Project involved with:
- Thermal/flow equipment design and improvement
- Thermal/fluid equipment improvement, modification and installation
- Material selection for thermal equipment.
Education & Experience
- Possesses BS/Master/PhD degree and major in material, mechanical, aerospace and thermal engineering or related fields applies for equipment development and design etc.
- Thermal equipment design knowledge and experience for kiln, (glass) furnace, lehr etc.
- Solid backgrounds in heat transfers, heat treatment thermal dynamics and fluid-dynamics on engineering/industrial levels.
- Engineering calculation/evaluation for thermal equipment design.
- Working level of 2D/3D CAD skills (AutoCAD and Solid Works etc.)
- Effective listening, oral, and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge in material selections for flow and thermal equipment in variable process implementations
- Detail-oriented and able to perform with limited supervision under time pressure
- Proactive, creative, positive and accountable as a team player to achieve project objectives with high quality
- Frequently domestic or international travel is required.
- Working experience in related areas of thermal process engineering
- Skills in flow/thermal modeling & simulation via CFD software or coding by C/C++ is a plus
- Diversity of experience and background is an asset
Employee Referral Level 1