Additional Work Location(s) :
This position is an embedded software engineer within the Lifestyle Automotive Audio division. Products that will be developed are OEM automotive amplifiers and other similar audio processing products. Products typically consist of a main microcontroller for configuration, communication and control and a DSP processor for audio processing. Position will consist of working as part of a software development team for the development of amplifier products. Software development work will be mainly deeply embedded, written in C and C++. Occasionally additional testing or development tools may need to be developed on a PC.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any direct or indirect reports, but the candidate is expected to be a technical leader.
The engineer will be responsible for developing production ready software following a defined software development process. The engineer must be capable of analyzing specifications, developing unit designs, developing unit test plans, integration test plans and verifying functionality. The engineer will be responsible for the end-to-end software development for an amplifier product(s) and related technologies.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software requirements and designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, optimize, fix defects, and/or port to different platforms.
- Create embedded software components and designs.
- Test software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Develop automated embedded software tests.
- Identify product requirement or performance issues. Work with external teams as necessary to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Participates and leads internal and customer driven design reviews.
- Work with off-shore and third party development and validation teams to support in the software development activities.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Provide technical leadership for local and remote software teams.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent and 12+ years of related industry experience.
- Ability to read schematics and assist in debugging analog and digital hardware.
- Able to use oscilloscopes and logic analyzers for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of software development processes.
- Knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger’s, emulators, compilers, etc.).
- 6+ years of embedded software development or testing.
- 6+ years of C/C++ or other structured language.
- Experience in object oriented software design and development.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experienced developing and adhering to project schedules.
- Creative problem-solver capable of testing and reproducing complex software problems and providing solutions to them.
- Experienced working with vehicle networking (CAN, MOST, etc.).
- Experienced working with off-shore development teams.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Familiarity with audio processing and testing.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages.
- Experience writing network drivers and applications (CAN, MOST, AVC-LAN, Ethernet).
- Familiarity with ASPICE.
- Experience working with audio processing.
- Experience with Enterprise Architect.
- Experience with DOORs.
- Signal processing knowledge.
- Willingness to travel 15% of the time.
- Position is in Bengaluru, India
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)