For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Sr Sales Specialist to support our growing Biologics business. This position is ideally based in Pennsylvania but the locations of New York, New Jersey or Delaware are also acceptable.
The following are the minimum requirements related to this exciting sales position:
- Work closely with both the specialist sales staff and management teams to increase market share of both in-house and outsourced revenue spend at assigned accounts.
- With direction from management, generate account-specific sales strategies to sell all company products and services.
- Work with management to prepare and provide accurate account forecasts for assigned accounts/territories throughout the year to track achievements versus goals.
- Develop and qualify account leads through frequent customer contact and prospecting.
- Gather data on potential customers in their designated geographic region.
- Build relationships with customers to influence the acceptance and use of company products and services.
- Communicate available product and services and inform customers of new products and services in a timely manner.
- Handle initial inquires and qualify all prospective opportunities. Identify the drug development business model at these accounts and effectively communicate the value proposition of the company’s products and services.
- Work closely with the specialist sales staff to ensure that the customer has a cohesive and responsive team throughout the sales process
- Work with management to prepare and implement a comprehensive territory management plan to indicate target opportunities, potential new accounts, expansion of existing accounts and an analysis of competitor accounts.
- Gather data on marketing trends and competitive products and pricing.
- Utilize CRM to capture customer information.
- Complete all required sales documentation in a timely manner.
- Participate in sales meetings and trade shows as required.
- Share customer problems/concerns with all appropriate departments for quality resolution.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in life sciences, sales or related discipline.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years experience, preferably in life science industry.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet