Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Job Title: Senior Software QA Engineer
Job Location: Apodaca/Monterrey Area
CommScope is at the forefront of shaping infrastructure products and solutions that enhance people’s lives. We make communication faster, easier and more efficient for today’s always-on world. We exist to enable and improve the way we learn, work and live, constantly challenging what’s available now and thinking beyond to meet the needs of what’s next. It’s an exciting time at CommScope, and as we continue to grow our global operations, we need extraordinary people across all facets of our organization.
We are currently looking for talented and passionate people to join our engineering teams who will help drive the advancement of digital TV technology. We have a reputation for innovation at the leading edge of the payTV and broadcast industry.
As a Senior Software QA Engineer you will join the team delivering a variety of projects into customers homes. Working in an Agile development environment, you will work closely with our teams around the world to test and deliver innovative new features. You will use your experience to mentor team members, help improve testing process and promote our test automation agenda.
- Develop and execute software design verification tests.
- Develop test automation programs.
- Design, implement, and maintain test platforms and infrastructure.
- Report and track bugs, work with the development team for resolution.
- Analyze product performance, summarize information into defect tracking system, communicate issues to project leader, and prepare technical reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Electronic Systems Engineering or related.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with one or more scripting language (i.e. Bash, Python, C, C++, C#, PHP, TCL/Expect)
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Knowledgeable in networking protocols and equipment (switches, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, SSH, TLS/SSL).
- Experience in test automation (i.e. QF‐test, Protractor, Selenium, or Ranorex).
- Excellent English proficiency: writing, reading, listening and speaking
- Master of Science with specialization on Computer Science, Machine Learning, or Artificial Intelligence is a plus.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology
- Familiarity with version control systems (i.e. GIT, Perforce, CVS)
- Video Knowledge (Desired)
- Knowledge on the following concepts:
- Video Standards: NTSC, PAL, ATSC
- Video compression (MPEG-2, H264/AVC, HEVC)
- Adaptive Bitrate Streaming (MPEG-DASH, HLS)
- Audio Compression (AAC, AC3, Enhanced AC-3, MP2)
- Ad Insertion (SCTE30/35)
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.