Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Software developed for the medical device industry requires rigor and attention to detail to meet industry and regulatory standards. It takes someone who can problem solve, is unwilling to give up, and is in tune with the highly regulated nature of medical device software. We’re looking for a top-notch software engineer with a focus on quality who has experience with iOS development (Swift) and at least some familiarity with Android (Java).
- Development of a BLE intensive native mobile application for iOS including participating in code and design reviews
- Write highly testable code
- Write automated tests including unit, integration and functional tests
- Participate in design reviews to provide architectural feedback
- Participate in code reviews with your peers
- Work in a highly regulated software environment
- Focus on patient safety
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 3-5 years of experience developing mobile applications using Swift/Objective-C
- Experience writing automated tests for iOS applications
- Passion for learning, growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD), agile methodologies, and software automation
- Familiarity in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design and development team
- Effective communicator
- Above average writing skills
- 1+ year of experience developing mobile applications in Android (Java)
- Experience developing software within a regulated environment in the medical industry
- Experience with security tools and products
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.