Sr. Operations Excellence Engineer
Location: Lewisville, Texas
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Are you an open minded with a passion for continuous process improvement and warehouse automation solutions and willing to acquire new knowledge about advanced 5G products, and dive into problem-solving?
As a part of establishing a new Smart Factory, we are now recruiting for a Sr. Operations Excellence Engineer. We are on a journey towards building the future of wireless connectivity, and we want you on our team!
In this Role you will:
- Implement Operations excellence continuous process improvement initiatives for lean deployment including but not limited to Value Stream Mapping, Bottleneck management, TAKT Time and Line Balancing, Set up reduction.
- Collaborate with Global strategy and deployment teams to define EFA’s requirement for Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) for warehouse control systems (WCS), surface mount assembly process prep and claims repair.
- Develop new architecture features and process capabilities for handling new or existing products and seamlessly implement solutions with multiple sources.
- Act as a local process architect for surface mount assembly and repair area process preparation (SLAM, Vmanage, Comview, repair tools)
- Explore automation and efficiency improvement on manual operations across all areas of warehouse and production.
- Collaborate with Plant IT teams for backend issues resolving and mitigation as well as own the business process architecture for MES tools.
- Ensure appropriate training and documentation is complete for user, super user and SME levels with periodic audit in place integrated into Quality Management System (QMS).
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or other technical area
- 5-10 years of experience in Manufacturing engineering or Systems engineering environment
- Discrete systems simulation experience modelling for factory capacity planning, manufacturing strategy and throughput improvements using Witness horizon simulation or Arena or related tools.
- Manufacturing Execution System (MES) experience specifically in packaged solutions such as Daifuku warehouse control systems, Rockwell Factory Talk Production Center and/or Siemens Simatic MES
- Deep understanding of manufacturing flow of products end to end in the factory with related processes and systems interaction.
You might also have:
- Certification in Factory Talk Metrics or relevant MES systems
- Six Sigma Black Belt highly desired.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice – Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Reports to Head of Operational Execellence & Quality Managment
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Lewisville || Supply&Log