Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a Financial Reporting Senior Manager to join our world-class, dynamic controllership organization at SunPower’s headquarters in San Jose, CA. This position manages ongoing compliance with the Company’s GAAP and SEC reporting requirements including the in-house filing of annual reports on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, and current reports on Form 8-K. The Financial Reporting Senior Manager works directly with regional controllers and key business leaders in drafting financial and non-financial disclosures, coordinates activities of the Company’s Disclosure Committee, and interfaces with broad cross-functional teams, including executive management and the Board of Directors. This position reports to the Director – Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage ongoing compliance with the company’s GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, including the preparation and coordination of in-house filing of documents with the SEC
- Review financial and non-financial disclosures, including Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations, within the Company’s filings on Form 10-Q and Form 10-K
- Manage the preparation of financial tables and metrics incorporated into the Company’s quarterly earnings release materials, including Audit Committee and Board presentations
- Coordinate activities of the Company’s Disclosure Committee, including presentation of disclosure highlights to executive management
- Manage the preparation and review of the consolidated statement of cash flows and earnings per share model
- Manage the in-house XBRL detail tagging and review process for our quarterly and annual reports
- Interface directly with broad cross-functional teams, executive management and the Board of Directors
- Research applicable GAAP and SEC accounting and disclosure requirements for proposed transactions
- Manage the external audit and review process, including the coordination and delivery of the requested client prepared schedules
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 key controls in the financial areas of responsibility
- Provide timely and accurate financial information to internal customers on ad hoc basis
- Coordinate the preparation and submittal of census and other reports for various governmental agencies
- Assist in implementing process enhancements and automating existing processes where possible
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or equivalent MBA (CPA preferred)
- 10+ years of public accounting and/or industry experience (Big 4 experience a plus)
- Exceptional written communication skills required – sample documentation may be requested
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work well on large and small cross-functional teams
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products with very strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills – creating clear and concise presentations is a key attribute of a successful candidate
- Working knowledge of Oracle preferred but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it
must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated
Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime
Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law.
Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants
and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by
contacting the EEO Officer.