CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Sr IT Systems Analyst acts as a servant leader and mentors software development teams in Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe, ensuring that the agreed Agile processes are being followed. Works with the Engineering Manager to remove impediments and foster an Lean-Agile environment mindset enabling high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement.
- Helps software development team focus on daily and iteration goals in the context of the Program Increment (PI) Objectives.
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for System Demos.
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for PI Planning.
- Represents the development team in Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meeting.
- Protects the software development team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
- Facilities and engages with software development team to improve areas of quality, security, predictability, flow(throughput), and velocity.
- Facilitates team-level meetings including (where applicable) Daily Standups, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, Iteration Retrospective.
- Supports the Product Owner in team backlog management efforts keeping a good team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Eliminates blocking issues that are beyond the team’s authority or requires support for other teams external to the Agile Release Team (ART) so team can remain focused on achieving their iteration(sprint) objectives.
- Ensures teams have documented (in Jira) a working Definition of Done for User Stories and Features.
- Focuses on team dynamics – Helps manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalates to management if team internal processes have failed to resolve.
- Gather and understand business and user requirements in support of software development
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and relevant experience required; 4-6 years of related experience
• Master's degree preferred; 2+ years of related experience
• Certified SrumMaster (CSM)
• Experience with Agile/SCRUM Methodologies and software development practices
• Demonstrated negotiation skills through experience with high-value negotiations
• Excellent communication skills written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Ability to efficiently utilize Atlassian’s Jira application
• Ability to multitask by working in a face paced, constantly changing environment
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with individuals at all levels
• Ability to efficiently utilize MS Office Suite of Applications specially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Proven track record of achieving professional goals successfully
Alternate Location: US-Florida-Winter Park
Requisition #: 218792
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.