Aspect employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values customer obsession, unlocked communications and relentless innovation. Our ability to think big has enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the forefront with exciting technologies including cloud, mobile and artificial intelligence.
GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
Installs, maintains and upgrades computer hardware and software systems in a lab environment used for designing and developing company products.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Install, configure, and maintain various hardware including servers, network, and telephony equipment .
· Install, configure, and maintain various operating systems and other software, Windows, Linux, VMWare, Oracle, SQL, Unix, Solaris, and others.
· Support various teams as they create and test new hardware and software products and solutions.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Good communication skills and conflict resolution skills; working in small teams and with other departments globally.
· Familiar with virtualization technology including Hyper-V and Vmware.
· Familiar with networking, operating systems, software, and hardware troubleshooting.
· Familiar with Windows 7/XP/2003/2008 operating systems installation and administration.
· Understanding of PBX’s, ACDs, SIP, and T1/E1 lines and related protocols.
· Understanding of system documentation, test plans and procedures with the goal of supporting internal customer development and testing efforts.
· 5 years working experience in a R&D/QA/Support or IT/IS environment.
Willing to work in night shifts
· Bachelor's degree or equivelent experience in relevant field.
· Ability to pass a background check may also be required.
· Must be able to lift a standard server or other similar hardware.
Aspect is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.