With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Sr Engineer Additive Manufacturing
Description of duties and responsibilities:
We are looking for a “hands-on” individual who can lead a small operations team for a growing additive manufacturing component business. Must have the experience and understanding of scaling new processes in binder jet additive manufacturing into capable production processes. Knowledge of existing sintering and finishing processes with an entrepreneurial spirit and a “can do” mindset will be beneficial. Networking across functions within the organization is a must as well as continuous improvement.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Primary responsibility for carrying out all, or portions of, the execution plan relating to additive manufacturing.
· Responsible at the manufacturing location for managing daily priorities to complete customer orders from order entry thru shipment in alignment with the strategic plan
· Collaborate with customers internal/external on product design (DFAM).
· Manage inventory levels of raw materials, ancillary supplies, unfinished goods, and finished goods.
· Provide on-site assistance for troubleshooting, quality improvements across the entire supply chain and capability issues.
· Responsible for materials and services procurement.
· Responsible for capital equipment procurement, installation, run-off, and implementation as needed for growth in alignment with the strategic plan
· Accountable for the safety of self and others
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· Strong communication and organization skills.
· Understanding of analysis and compensation for sinter distortion.
· Industry standards and how to relate to binder jet additive manufacturing
· Ability to leverage resources in cross-functional areas.
· Ability to make technical decisions.
· Proven strong sense of process discipline and quality control
· Must be flexible to changing priorities
Education and experience required:
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required, advanced degree preferred.
· Minimum of 8 years or relevant experience.
· Experience working in a start-up environment preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer