Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
System manager of the Electric Traction substation maintenance, relay coordination and signal power equipment.
• Review and revise criteria for maintenance and installation of all substation equipment to include Doble and relay testing.
• Review and revise criteria for substation maintenance in Maximo.
• Review system outages to ensure proper operation of substation equipment.
• Perform site inspections of substation work to ensure compliance with established safety and maintenance standards and specifications.
• Support division personnel in maintenance/installation/troubleshooting substation equipment.
• Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience with railroad electric traction systems.
• Must have demonstrated experience in ET maintenance and construction.
• Must have knowledge of Electric Traction Department Construction Standards, Electric Traction Standard Operating Instructions, AMT-2, and RWP.
• Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills.
• Must have thorough knowledge of all railroad operations.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, as position interacts with technical and non-technical personnel.
• Prior satisfactory job performance is required.
• Experience as Manager and/or Supervisor.
• Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in communication skills, including writing, speaking and the presentation of instruction, content data and analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Travel Requirements:Up to 50%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Engineering || Engineering