Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
The Parkland Foundation Communications Specialist will be responsible for leading communications efforts including planning, developing, marketing, branding, maintaining digital presence and other communications functions to enhance the effectiveness and visibility of the Foundation.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in communications or a related field.
- Prefer a Master's or graduate level degree in communications or a related field.
- Must have 6+ years of marketing, branding and/or communications experience.
Required Tests for Placement:
- Writing test
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including excellent interview, writing and editing skills for multi-channel communications.
- Must be able to demonstrate expert-level computer skills, good organizational and decision-making skills and strong attention to detail.
- Must be sensitive to political, cultural and legal issues related to hospital system operations and fundraising and be able to function both independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Must manage competing priorities, heavy workloads and rapidly changing departmental needs.
- Must use interpersonal and collaboration skills with internal departments and external vendors to establish strong working relationships.
- Must have ability to understand, process and execute complex instructions independently.
1. Develops and implements the Foundation¿s multi-channel marketing, branding and communication strategy, ensuring alignment of all initiatives. Helps donors understand the need to support Parkland and the impact of their gifts.
2. Collaborates with Foundation leaders and staff to develop communication strategies that position the Foundation in the philanthropic community, generate donations and demonstrate the impact of gifts to Parkland.
3. Develops and manages the Foundation's brand including but not limited to: logos, style guides, key messages, etc.
4. Designs, develops and maintains the Foundation's digital presence including web, email and social media platforms.
5. Collaborates and coordinates with internal and external partners on joint communication efforts to ensure compliance with organizational procedures and branding guidelines.
6. Serves as expert-level resource with regard to content creation for Foundation communications. Leads the development and dissemination of all multi-channel communications.
7. Writes and edits communications, coordinates photography and videography and secures additional content needed for donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship projects.
8. Oversees day-to-day requests such as creating presentations, developing and ordering stock products, editing proposals, creating event invitations and writing solicitation letters.
9. Tracks results and reports on findings.
10. Assists in department activities as required. Attends Foundation meetings and department directors' meetings as requested.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.