Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Children’s at North Druid Hills
Requisition #: 50963
Provides the highest quality age-appropriate care for patients newborn to 20 years of age within scope of practice and established standards for speech-language pathology. Functions effectively as a member of the rehabilitation team. Supports the mission of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Master's degree in Communication Disorders/Speech-Language Pathology
- Georgia licensed Speech-Language Pathologist
- American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
- Meets requirements as established for Speech-Language Pathologist Clinical Level II
- 4 years of experience in pediatrics or related experience in speech-language pathology
- Experience with a wide range of pediatric populations
- Experience in a supervisory role
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Knowledge of pediatric theory and practice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication of information
- Positive interpersonal skills and ability to function in an interdisciplinary environment
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Evaluates patient speech, language, cognitive/communicative, and oral-pharyngeal status, meeting established standards.
- Provides effective and appropriate treatment so that functional outcomes are achieved.
- Completes documentation meeting departmental standards for content, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Includes family/caregiver in patient care and provides effective education and documentation appropriate for learning needs of patient and family.
- Serves as a resource and mentor to other staff, providing orientation, in-services, and clinical guidance.
- Provides supervision to Speech-Language Pathology Aides, Rehabilitation Aides, Speech-Language Pathologist Clinical Fellow/Paid Clinical Experience, Speech-Language Pathologist 1, and Speech-Language Pathology interns as assigned.
- Demonstrates competencies that incorporate age-specific guidelines, including N = Neonate (less than 30 days), I = Infant (30 days to 1 year), EC = Early Childhood (1-5 years), LC = Late Childhood (5-13 years), A = Adolescent (13-17 years), AD = Adult, and ALL = all ages.
- Participates in maintaining and monitoring the work environment to ensure a continual state of Joint Commission readiness.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Sitting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Standing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 1605 Chantilly Drive, Atlanta, GA 30324
Function: Allied Health – Rehab