If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Full time associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
As the Sous Chef you be responsible for the food production in your kitchen(s). This Sous Chef plays an integral role in managing the food production operations while ensuring client and customer service. This successful culinary leader must have the ability to work in a diverse work environment while remaining focused on client and customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Prepare large quantities of food, following standardized recipes, within required production schedule and sanitation standards
- Maintains basic food recipes, preparation, service and storage sanitation principles.
- Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance
- Manages dining personnel and work in a cooperative manner with team members, guests, and client personnel
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions
- Provides leadership and guidance to team members in the preparation and serving of high quality and great tasting meals
Education and Experience: 2 years related experience and/or training in food production. High school diploma or equivalent.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).