Job ID: 78123
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
What will your job look like?
- You will have full autonomy to deliver agreed technical objectives. Make decisions requiring extensive analysis and interpretation, including a number of intangible factors. Provides technical expertise in terms of software usage, and functional and non-functional aspects
- You will work with software engineers and other architects to define and refine the product structure to align with the business, development, deployment, and maintenance needs.
- You will work with customers and product line management to identify, refine, and translate customer needs into concrete technical requirements.
- You will support and lead architectural decisions and tasks within a product line or across multiple product lines (cross-portfolio).
- You will lead projects, review technical designs, and provide guidance to software engineers on technical and architectural design decisions
- You will research, evaluate, and prototype new methodologies, technologies, and products, you will propose and follow through with improvements in processes and tools.
- You will obtain a good understanding of the customer context while making technical decisions and choices
All you need is…
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent.
- 9 -12 years' experience as a software engineer.
- Good knowledge in Object Oriented Design and development
- Solid web apps design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Knowledge in CSS extension frameworks , e.g. SASS, LESS, COMPASS
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged by creating the high-level design and dictates technical standards.
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies
- You will have opportunities to evolve yourself in the future and oversee a suite of products, creating a high-level design that connects several (heterogeneous) sub-systems, which together make up a whole system.