Release Engineers are part of the Release Services Team responsible for implementing and validating company release requirements as well as providing input to the development and maintenance of release infrastructure for Bentleys English and Localized Desktop and Mobile based products. In this role you will be part of a timezone diverse team supporting thousands of product releases annually, with focus on the release system, process and measurement improvement, as well as providing support and communication to product development teams globally.
- Support, advise and troubleshoot with development teams performing build and product releases.
- Setup, manage and improve Build and Release pipelines, scripts and tooling through Azure DevOps and proprietary systems.
- Manage daily audits of products against Stakeholder Release Requirements.
- Write scripts and services in collaboration with the Release Systems Engineers to facilitate pipeline release management in line with DevOps automation principles.
- Review and report on availability, monitoring, performance and outages for release services infrastructure and systems and provide communication of resolutions to development teams.
- Continuous research and development on release pipeline technologies.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Development, Quality and/or IT infrastructure setup and maintenance.
- Great scripting and development skills with the desire to learn advanced scripting techniques. (Python, PowerShell)
- Experience with Azure DevOps (or GitHub enterprise) (Pipelines, YAML) is a definite plus.
- Experience with source code control management (e.g Git, Mercurial)
- Ability to document tools, processes and procedures to support development teams and ongoing administration of systems.
- Mobile application delivery (iOS App Store, Android Play Store, Windows Store) experience a plus.
- Microsoft Azure Blob Storage experience a plus
- Microsoft SharePoint experience a plus
- Process metrics and analytical techniques (e. through Power BI) a plus
- Self-motivation to collaborate on release projects and solutions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and cross-organization.
- Willingness to learn and become an expert at a wide array of release management technologies in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.