Job ID: 77021
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – Yes
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Manages and leads agile software development lifecycle projects. Accountable for qualitative delivery of software to meet the Scope, Quality, Time, and Budget. Responsible for team and people management (professional and personal care aspects). Manages all relevant stakeholder expectations and relationships and provide visibility for the project(s) status regularly.
You and your team will work on the BSS/OSS transformation project for one of the biggest Spain Telco providers using cutting edge technologies of Micro services on the AWS cloud and on-premises.
What will your job look like?
- Technical Leadership – You will lead the team to resolve technical challenges. Leads unit level initiatives to build technical competency to meet the needs of the team or unit.
- Quality – You will be accountable for meeting quality objectives. Accountable for team following best software engineering practices, quality processes, and methodologies. Leads continuous improvement via Root Cause Analysis, Lessons Learnt, and Prevention processes. Tracks quality KPIs and continuously improves quality and measurements.
- Development Management – You will manage and deliver an end-to-end software-based business solution. Accountable for software development work and projects focusing on planning and execution on time, budget and quality and all other agreed targets and SLAs set for the project. Monitors progress, resolution of issues, predicts risks, and implements necessary mitigations which lead to meeting the KPI for Production, or stable business as usual. Prioritize activities (self, team, external), determine and drive internal processes within the team.
- People Management – You will attracts, develop, and retains talent to build and maintain strong, effective, and competent teams and build their knowledge. Structures the team’s work in a way that is best-suited to the product/service development and maximize efficiency. Coaches and empowers the team. Fosters an environment that encourages team work based on motivation and inspiration. Responsible for HR processes such as recruitment, onboarding, setting clear goals and objectives, ongoing performance management and feedback, development, and growth of team and team members. Manages day to day employee relations.
- Communication – You will promote clarity and alignment with ongoing, effective communication (up, down and lateral) to the project team regarding the unit’s goals and status, project matters, companywide changes, special initiative status, etc. Strives for strong and healthy working relationships with the team.
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement – You will promote a mindset of continuous improvement and efficiency in the team through out-of-the-box thinking on products and processes and by utilizing or creating new software engineering tools and different innovation techniques.
- Business Value – You will manage stakeholder relationships and communication to ensure software delivery is aligned to meet customer requirements and adds value to their business.
- Change Management – You will acts a company advocate, works with project teams to understand the need for change. You will plans, communicate and execute desired changes.
All you need is…
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in SW Engineering role e.g. hands-on experience as a Java software developer ; eg. experience working as a Scrum Master/Team Lead in a medium/large scale company
- 2 years’ experience in delivering projects on Microservices and Cloud.
- Experience in managing software engineers teams (min 15 employees)
- Exposure to Spring, Containerization and Automated deployment. For example, Docker, Openshift/Kubernetes, Helm chart
- Thorough understanding of software development methodologies, principles, and procedures (Agile, Devops)
- English and Spanish – Advanced Level
Nice to have:
- Significant proficiency/in-depth knowledge in business domain (Telecom Preferred)
- Exposure to CI processes (Jenkins preferred), version control (GIT preferred) and Artifact repositories (Nexus preferred)
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a few development teams & projects
- You will join a strong team with lots of activities, technologies, business challenges and a progression path
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies