Bentley Systems is the leading global provider of software solutions to engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators for the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley’s MicroStation-based engineering and BIM applications, and its digital twin cloud services, advance the project delivery (ProjectWise) and the asset performance (AssetWise) of transportation and other public works, utilities, industrial and resources plants, and commercial and institutional facilities.Bentley Systems employs more than 3,500 colleagues, generates annual revenues of $700 million in 170 countries, and has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions since 2014. From inception in 1984, the company has remained majority-owned by its five founding Bentley brothers. Bentley shares transact by invitation on the NASDAQ Private Market.
Bentley Systems is seeking a talented Software Developer to become a valued member of our successful team. The primary focus will be developing modules contributing to our civil engineering design applications which are used around the globe in world-class Civil Engineering projects. We offer a challenging, friendly and supportive environment, the opportunity to work with an international development team and to learn and grow as an engineer.
Location: Huntsville, AL
- Work independently and with a global project team to develop and maintain Bentley’s line of Civil engineering applications
- Take ownership of the functionality you write and designs you implement
- Perform unit testing during the project to ensure code assets are of quality and satisfy required use cases.
- Provide and accept constructive feedback
- Research, evaluate and explore new technologies as needed
- Commit yourself to continuous learning and adapting to and integrating new technologies
- BS or MS in computer science, software engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a software engineer or equivalent
- Proficient in C++ and C#
- Thorough knowledge of object-oriented programming and the proper application of design patterns
- Must be proactive and results-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and solve problems, and to know when to ask for help
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, and apply them in production
- Experience with technologies such as Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET Framework
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum development practices
- Experience with XML and XSLT.
- Experience designing REST APIs using Open API standards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, disability, protected veteran status, religion, national origin, age or any other protected characteristic. Additional information about your rights as an applicant under the law may be found by clicking here and here.
We encourage you to request a reasonable accommodation if you are not able to fully use or access our online application system. You can make an accommodation request by calling 610-458-5000 or sending us an email at email@example.com.
Search Firm Disclosure:
Please be aware Bentley is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. This includes any phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Bentley via-email, the Internet (including social media) or in any form and/or method for this specific position in the absence of a written recruiting agreement executed by both you and/or your firm and Bentley will be deemed the sole property of Bentley and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Bentley.