AGCO is currently seeking an engaged candidate who will be responsible for development, execution, and reporting of automated and manual tests for AGCO's current and next generation electronic service tool system functions in Hesston, Kansas. This includes verification and validation of desktop, mobile, and tablet based applications, restful web API's, and databases. The candidate must have significant experience testing applications for Windows that use web services. Specific technical examples are requested to be made available during the interview process. Experience in the development, testing and deployment of cloud based services, and experience in load and performance testing of web based services is expected. Additionally, the candidate must be very comfortable working directly with a cross-functional team (Engineering, Global Content Authors, Hardware Vendors, Technical Services, etc.) and be skilled at general project communication in addition to explaining complex concepts in digestible terms. An in-depth understanding of Web and Mobile development practices and testing strategies for native and browser based application development is essential.
Note: This position may require up to 20% travel
- Work within a small local AGILE team as well as connections to a Global Team to develop appropriate test solutions for varying technical components, contributing application architecture and implementation guidance
- Understand project requirements, technology dependencies, and develop solutions for Test planning and execution
- Participate in project planning and scoping activities and work independently and efficiently to meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Provide business development support by laying out the test requirements for a proposed solution in order to ensure proper Verification and Validation testing can be performed efficiently.
- Participate in Design and Code Review for web & desktop applications
- Test performance, features, and interfaces of Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Define Test Plans and Procedures for Data Warehouse implementations and application interfaces
- Assist developers and testers with root cause analysis and resolutions.
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to develop appropriate test solutions for varying technical components
- 2 years of experience in related software development where Test planning and execution were a part of job responsibilities
- Experience in testing Windows desktop based applications and in helping deploy and test web based API's (RESTful and TypeScript)
- Automated Test writing and execution.
- Experience with database (Microsoft SQL Server, other) testing, maintenance and support.
- Proven experience in performance and load testing against large, scalable, cloud hosted services.
- Experience in SQA principles, accompanied with a strong drive to generate quality software with a customer based focus.
- Familiarity with low level data protocols, specifically UDS, CAN bus and TCP/IP related along with Vector CANoe and/or CANalyzer ECU and Network analysis tools is desirable.
- Familiarity with agriculture, agricultural machinery or heavy duty machinery is desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree – Prefer Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Will consider other fields of study with good Software QA experience.