Req. ID: 233723
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
As an Advanced DRAM Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of next generation DRAM products. You will work in an integrated structure combining both Product and Design engineering subject areas. The team will execute a common goal of ensuring our future roadmap is successful.
You will apply a deep understanding of array parasitic, speed/timing bottlenecks, sense amp margin, CMOS gate variability, and characteristics to drive design optimization and innovations that target the best in class die size, quality, reliability, and power.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist with the overall design, layout, and optimization of memory circuits
- Perform circuit simulations using standard industry tools such as SPICE and VERILOG
- Assist in the design and development of schematic blocks such as memory array, control logic, address decode, datapath, and internal test logic.
- Understand the impact of design architecture decisions on overall power, speed, and die size
- Optimize design rules for cost, performance, and functionality
- Import layout parasitic information into the circuit simulation environment
- Able to interpret device specifications to produce the required functionality.
- Build solutions and define requirements for circuit operation, DFM is a key focus.
- Develop strategies to support development through test chip definition and silicon validation
- Look for opportunities to drive competitive advantages into our solutions by developing groundbreaking ideas and concepts.
- Responsible for reliability verification.
- Analog circuit design and/or debugging experience.
- Simulation experience
- Strong understanding of array core architectures, circuits, & functions.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey sophisticated technical concepts to peers and management.
- uMATE & wafer bench data gathering experience a plus
- Good DFT/DFM understanding with the knowledge of PROBE and Backend test flows a plus
- Experience with shell scripts and data extraction of production data a plus
- Experience and understanding MFG process flows / Layout / Defect analysis a plus
- Experience with Automated Test Equipment (C1D, Advantest, AMBYX…) a plus
- 10+ years of Product or Design Engineering experience.
- BSEE or greater
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial, and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR, and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs, and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center/Activity rooms (Boise/San Jose only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || DEG (DRAM Engineering Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-LP1 || Tier 5 ||