At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The incumbent of the position will be responsible for the negotiation of leases, real estate master agreements, and zoning for new or existing telecommunication sites for the Rogers East Deployment Service
What you will be doing:
• Within a search ring provided by the radiofrequency department, identify potential new sites considering zoning and construction standards.
• Negotiate with landlords and completes the necessary real estate contracts based on company standards.
• When required, prepare public consultation and municipality relation as per Industry Canada requirements.
• Focus on budgets and delivery forecasts.
• Complete the necessary documentation related to acquisition of properties and negotiation of contracts based on departmental standards.
• Conducts site searches, researches land ownership and prepares documentation to qualify good, potential landlords.
• Investigate the zoning requirements of properties, assists in the preparation of permit applications, site plans and other required documentation/presentations for municipal approvals.
• Follow up with other departments, municipalities, landlords and other parties. Constant communication with the team to keep them informed of changes and other related information.
• Manage numerous projects at the same time.
• Establish and maintain fluent relations with government representatives and business partners.
• Update daily tracking reports detailing the projects that are being worked on.
What you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration (concentration in real estate and/or urban management) or a related discipline. Any other combination of education and relevant experience will also be considered.
• Three (3) or more years of experience in real estate contract negotiation.
• Bilingual – able to communicate effectively in both French and English.
• Excellent French and English written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to work independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Have strong negotiating ability.
• Customer focused and solution oriented.
• Have very good knowledge in software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.