Requisition Number: 39089
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
PURPOSE & OBJECTIVE Supports the Warehouse Department, Shipping and Receiving, by receiving, inspecting and storing incoming raw materials; entering transactions into the computer system; moving materials to and from production; shipping product; assisting Storeroom with parts checkout. Supports his/her team by taking an active role in team meetings, problem solving tasks, team activities, and team and plant-wide subgroups focusing on the plant goals of safety, quality, schedule and cost.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Unloads incoming cargo trailers ensuring material is not damaged.
- Receives incoming materials and enters these items into SAP to ensure correct accountability and control.
- Writes receivers and enters information into the SAP system as required.
- Coordinates all raw materials requisitioned to and from Production.
- Counts, verifies, receives and delivers all UPS, Federal Express and other special carriers.
- Maintains inventory accuracy by investigating inventory transactions daily and actively pursuing the inventory maintenance program.
- Performs incoming inspections on received raw materials.
- Maintains records of raw materials transferred from and delivered to the production departments for inventory control.
- Performs cycle count of stored raw materials to ensure proper inventory control.
- Ships finished goods.
- Ensures uninterrupted availability of MRO parts to storeroom.
- Maintains recycled material for outgoing shipment to off-site location.
- Processes UPS, DHL, FedEx, and next day air shipments to ensure prompt delivery of priority material.
- Maintains organization and control of quarantine cage.
- Trains new Warehouse personnel in proper warehouse and incoming inspection procedures; assists with forklift training.
- Observes all safety, environmental, and quality system standards.
- Cross-trains in both Shipping and Receiving; provides coverage as needed.
- Able to react to change and perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Possesses the ability to operate handling equipment to ensure safe passage of materials throughout the plant.
- Computer and typing skills required ensuring proper input of information on incoming, outgoing and inspected materials into the computer database.
- Must have the physical ability to lift 65 pounds on a non-repetitive basis and 25 pounds repetitively.
- Must possess professional demeanor when interfacing with employees, vendors, salesmen, and divisional employees, etc.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving functions preferred.
- Must be able to use gages for quality inspections.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS Ability to work under changing weather conditions (hot/cold) year round. Must be able to withstand heights up to 32 feet. Must have the physical ability to lift up to 25 pounds repetitively, 65 pounds non-repetitively. Exposed to fumes and high frequency noise in manufacturing. Safety glasses, hair covering and hearing protection are required on the manufacturing floor and other designated areas. Adheres to plant safety requirements, OSHA, and QSR/GMP/ISO guidelines as applicable.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma, or equivalent.
Night Shift, 7:00pm – 7:00am. 3-4 shifts per week, plus overtime
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.