Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
IT service management is the craft of implementing, managing, and delivering IT services to meet the needs of the organization. It ensures that the appropriate mix of people, processes, and technology are in place to provide value.
- Investigates operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contributing to the recommendation of improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes and organization.
- Assists in defining acceptance tests for these recommendations.
Service level management
- Monitors service delivery performance metrics and liaises with managers and customers to ensure that service level agreements are not breached without the stakeholders being given the opportunity of planning for a deterioration in service.
- Engages with project management to confirm that products developed meet the service acceptance criteria and are to the required standard.
- Feeds into change management processes.
- Develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Applies change control procedures.
Release and deployment
- Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities.
- Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
- May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
- Investigates problems in systems, processes and services.
- Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Following agreed procedures, identifies, registers and categorizes incidents.
- Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocates incidents as appropriate.
- Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
- May be involved and gives some input on hiring Transition decisions
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 5-year experience in IT
- 2 years of experience in relevant area
- 1 year of experience in team management
- Understanding of different culture
- Participated in projects with people from other functions/markets