Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics #1 in North America, and Forbes named us one of America’s best employers. As the Manager, Service Center 6, you’ll be recruiting, selecting, training and supervising employees, while maximizing employee engagement and maintaining clear communication on every level. We believe that a positive work environment creates happy employees, encouraging them to be more dedicated, empowered and productive. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO
Pay, benefits and more.
We’re eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including extended health benefits (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Supervise all employees reporting to the Service Center, including tracking and auditing employees’ hours, handling payroll issues and personnel changes, administering corrective action and monitoring the coaching, training and development of your staff
- Plan the daily manpower needs to ensure freight is delivered and picked up in a timely manner
- Provide clear and frequent information to all employees about Service Center productivity and company policies and procedures
- Analyze, monitor and implement all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies; maintain clean and safe working conditions of the facility and equipment
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as all company policies/procedures
- Route proper documentation and oversee procedure control for hazardous material shipments
- Identify opportunities for improvement and execute action plans to increase efficiencies
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 4 years of supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) industry, transportation rules and regulations, OSHA standards, hazardous materials regulations, NMFC and Tariff rules, and company policies and procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- A valid driver’s license
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends; travel as needed
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree, 4 years of related work experience or equivalent military experience
- Experience with process improvement and the use of Lean and/or Six Sigma
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize work with excellent organizational skills
- Experience in an LTL environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional leadership, communication, presentation and administrative skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Work outdoors in inclement weather
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Accommodation email must include:
• Your name
• Job title with location (city/province) and requisition ID
• A clear description of the disability accommodation that you are seeking