Req. ID: 226061
This position is with the Micron SSD Test Engineering team which is responsible for the test programs of all Micron SSD (Solid State Drive) products and will be based in Micron’s new SSD Center of Excellence in Penang, Malaysia.
- Develop and maintain test programs of Micron SSD products in high volume manufacturing to ensure Micron SSD products meet their specifications.
- Design new test programs for validation of new SSD product/technology during start-up phase. These programs provide very important feedback to the various internal groups responsible for refining product quality and performance.
- Optimize test programs to reduce product test times and manufacturing cost by improving the efficiency of the testing methods .
- Automate test engineering processes by writing software scripts to improve efficiency.
- Enhance test coverage to ensure excellent outgoing quality and customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with product and equipment engineering teams to improve overall product yields and equipment efficiency in order to maximize ROI.
- Collaborate with test capacity and manufacturing teams to meet production output goals.
- Develop and monitor process and engineering metrics to ensure stability, efficiency and effectiveness of test processes.
- Participates in Designing, developing, and implementing effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment for NPI phases of product development and manufacturing.
- Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products.
- Collaborate with various engineering and production groups to ensure test program, infrastructure and system readiness for new product introduction as well as high volume manufacturing.
- Develop and release test programs to production in a timely manner.
- Debug and identify root cause of failures and provide feedback to internal or external engineering groups.
- Mentor junior engineers
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science.
- Strong interest in software development with good programming skills. Knowledge of any of the following is desirable: Python/C, C++/Perl.
- Interest in writing and debugging test programs.
- At least 5 years experience in writing test programs for NAND/SSD/system level testing would be an advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in managing test program transfers to subcons/outsourced manufacturing partners is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in startup/greenfield factory environment is strongly desired.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Penang || Pulau Pinang (MY-07) || Malaysia (MY) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-EA1 || Tier 4 ||