Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe that providing superior support and solutions for our customers drives our success, and we want to put you behind the wheel. As the Senior Supervisor, Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing daily operations and carrier performance. You’ll ensure that all logistics, transportation, communication and customer service issues and requests are resolved in a manner that meets or exceeds the customer's expectations. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Manage and lead your team in the daily management of the Dedicated Carrier program, including facilitating QBR roundtables and performance reviews
- Review procedures and work habits to determine opportunities for continuous improvement, and implement steps to lower costs while increasing performance; introduce Lean concepts into the operation at all levels
- Work with your team to optimize Dedicated Carrier Route RFQ submissions; review overall solutions and provide recommendations to the customer
- Partner with your team to analyze large sets of data and to produce actionable plans or recommendations for the customer
- Manage DDS Carrier Performance through the continuous improvement process and Carrier Scorecard management
- Act as the point of escalation for the customer’s regional parts distribution facilities
- Answer inquiries from carriers, client and/or customers
- Maintain a safe work environment that is free from harassment, drugs and workplace violence; promptly document and report all issues, concerns and incidents to management
- Collaborate with others to resolve all issues that impact job performance, employee morale and customer satisfaction
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 3 years of experience in supply chain, logistics, transportation or a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or a related field
- 5 years of experience managing a logistics/supply chain team, including hiring, mentoring, training, counseling and conducting annual reviews
- Availability to work weekends, holidays, off-hours and/or on-call shifts as the demands of the business dictate
- Availability to travel 10-20% of the time
- Experience with process improvement initiatives
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint; understanding of Microsoft Power BI and routing software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate and present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; customer-focused and results-driven work style
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.