Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics the #1 logistics company in North America, and Forbes named us one of America’s best employers. At XPO, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. As the Senior Specialist, Transportation, you will deliver exceptional service to our customers and drivers before, during and after the call. Are you ready to put your skills to work for a rapidly growing company? Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll help you build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Monitor and track pickups and deliveries, and notify customers of any deviation from the run schedule
- Answer incoming driver and customer calls/emails, and take care of their needs
- Call and get updates from drivers/carriers and input accurate information into the dispatch system
- Communicate any issues with customers/drivers
- Manage driver and customer paperwork
- Perform data entry and track-and-trace duties
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 2 years of experience in the transportation industry
It’d be great if you also have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong driver and customer interaction experience
- Excellent phone communication skills
- An aptitude for business with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.