There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: Vereinigte Staaten (US) – Illinois – Chicago
Function: Information Technology
Title: Senior Software Engineer – Machine Learning – 67986
John Deere is currently going through a Smart Industrial Redesign transformation. To support our journey, it takes a unique skill set. We recognize that may be available in the Chicagoland market. As a Senior Machine Learning Software Engineer, for the John Deere Global IT Enterprise, you will be part of a team to help drive and scale capabilities associated with integrating machine learning into business and manufacturing processes. In this position, you will be collaborating on developing cutting edge utilities, and software products, within a team of like-minded software engineers, data engineers, and data scientists.
- Support data science teams to better automate workflows and provide tooling
- Develop software to interface with machine learning models and business applications
- Support machine learning monitoring and maintenance solutions
- Work with the latest Python packages, distributed computing frameworks, machine learning packages, relational and non-relational database management systems, and cloud infrastructure all within the Continuous Delivery and Agile Development process
- 3 or more years of experience in the design, development, testing, and integration of high complex software solutions using Python, web sockets, and Restful APIs
- 2 or more years of experience working in AWS (lambda, IAM policy, load balancing, API gateway, dynamo, cloud developer kit)
- Proven experience designing, developing, and releasing machine learning software product both independently and collaboratively over a 3+ year period
- 2 or more years of experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- 3 or more years of leveraging DevSecOps and lean development principles (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery)
- 1 or more years of understanding of full-stack design patterns, and designing loosely coupled architectures, as well as the associated aspects of networking and security
- Linux and edge device deployment experience
- 2 or more years of experience working with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks
- 5 or more years of experience with the following technologies and frameworks: React, MQTT, automation technologies (Jenkins, Cloudformation), GitHub
- Experience collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solutions
- Strong interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Willingness to initially work remote and travel up to 25% when the environment allows
- Experience with image processing and associated tools (OpenCV)
- Experience with or understanding of Django/Flask
- Experience with or understanding of socket.io
- Experience with OpenID Connect, oauth 2.0, SAML
- Understanding of machine learning frameworks AWS IoT, Greengrass, Sagemaker
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience in a related career field
John Deere is currently going through a Smart Industrial Redesign transformation. To support our journey, it takes a unique skill set. We recognize that may be available in the Chicagoland market.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.