We are looking for a Senior Sales Training and Curriculum Development to join our Business Inkjet team in Long Beach, CA!
This person will be responsible for managing plans and delivering specialized Business Inkjet/Office Print training programs to support sales and product training needs within the Business Inkjet sales channel.
Collaborates with/Key Customers include: EAI employees, resellers, and third party vendors, include rep firms and dealers.
In addition to the following Epson's policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Forecasts and manages training BIJ budget for the category for each fiscal year.
- Manages travel and expenses to assigned budget.
- Creates and manages fiscal year training schedule to meet Sales and customer training needs on a national level, including overseeing all technical and logistical details.
- Designs, develops and produces training materials specifically for the BIJ channel, including printed, visual, video and electronic media.
- Creates instructional materials for instructor led, self-study, video and internet-based training.
- Consults independently with sales managers, product managers and sales reps to develop new training initiatives based on current business needs or changes in channel markets.
- Chooses the appropriate training delivery to meet the needs of customers and vendors (e.g., group, lecture, hands-on, web based, etc).
- Makes changes to curriculum for new and existing products to meet customer needs and keep current with changes in technology or delivery.
- Develops and delivers a variety of sales and product training to customers with varying levels of industry/channel knowledge.
- Delivers ad hoc training to customers to meet special needs.
Tradeshow & Event Support
- Provides high level customer briefings at the request of the Sales team to support overall customer sales campaigns at industry tradeshows.
- Represents Epson and is given the highest profile station at industry and reseller events, to support sales activity.
- As a trainer for this category, must be proficient in all aspects of Epson’s Business Inkjet products and knowledgeable of competitive and industry movement within the Office Printing market.
- Operates within budgetary constraints.
- Builds strong relationships with peers, other departments, and managers to best meet company goals and objectives.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Requires specialist experience at more advance level (8-12 yrs.)
- Prior sales experience in the office printing industry (BTA channel)
D – Completion of an undergraduate program or equivalent experience (B.A. or B.S.).
Epson America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.