Role Title: Senior Risk Analyst, Capital and Recovery Risk, Financial Risk
Location: Dublin / Hybrid
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
Summary of role:
The Risk Function is an independent, second line of defence function that monitors, controls and supports risk-taking activities across AIB. The purpose of the Risk Function is to provide advice and guidance in relation to risk while providing independent oversight and reporting on AIB’s risk profile.
The role is positioned within the Financial Risk team within the Risk Function which provides second line Risk management and oversight for the key financial risks (excluding Credit Risk) generated through the evolution of the balance sheet, including interest rate, credit spread and other market risks, pension and equity related risks, funding and liquidity risks and capital adequacy risk. The Financial Risk team is also responsible for the validation of all Financial Risk models deployed within the Group.
Financial Risk is recruiting a talented risk analyst to join the Capital and Recovery team which provides second line oversight of the Group’s Capital and Recovery Planning, including providing independent review and challenge of the ICAAP and the Recovery Plan, capital plans and related initiatives (e.g. RWA efficiencies), internal stress testing, and any proposed capital actions/dividends. We also provide second line challenge in relation to the Group’s Risk Based Pricing (RAROC) Framework, including changes to methodology and ongoing RAROC performance across business lines.
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting our second line review and challenge of capital plans including ICAAP and internal stress tests, in addition to supporting our second line review of the Group’s Recovery plan. The role provides an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to broaden and develop their capital adequacy risk assessment and financial analysis skills in a dynamic team environment.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Support 2LOD oversight and review and challenge of Capital Adequacy Risk for Group and subsidiaries, including regular risk reporting, review and challenge of ICAAP and internal stress testing covering key assumptions, conclusions and compliance with regulatory expectations, and review of any proposed capital actions.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of appropriate Risk Appetite metrics for capital adequacy risk as a key risk control.
- Assist in performing financial analysis as required to identify emerging capital adequacy risks or assess the impact of balance sheet changes / dynamics on the risk profile of the Group.
- Support the second line Risk oversight for Recovery planning within the Group, including assisting in the review and challenge of the annual recovery plan submission and scenario testing, and producing clear risk opinion papers to communicate key findings and recommendations concisely to senior executive and Board committees.
- Assist in ongoing monitoring and assessment of regulatory requirements related to recovery planning to ensure ongoing Group compliance with requirements;
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders and regulators.
- Coach and develop junior team members on Recovery Planning and Capital Adequacy Risk assessment.
Who are we?
- We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too – everything starts with you. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine, so whoever you are, whatever you dream of, we back you.
Why join us?
- We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customer and employees expect of a bank.
- In AIB, we are currently transitioning to our Hybrid Model and teams who have been working remotely are now returning to the office 2 days per week. We intend to progress our fuller hybrid working plans in the coming months, where onsite days are focused on purposeful attendance, prioritising time to collaborate, connecting with our teams and wider colleagues.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you can/have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in banking, ideally in a Risk or Finance function with experience in recovery and capital planning;
- Experience of report writing, tailoring communications to senior audiences;
- An analytical mind-set, with ability to analyse and assess financial information and data, and draw out key insights;
- Understanding of developments within the business and regulatory and banking environment and broader economic environment
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small team, with attention to detail, completing tasks to a high standard within agreed deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record of influencing/negotiation;
If you feel you have what it takes, Click Apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact them via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By when? Closing date is Sunday 3rd December
Unsolicited CV’s sent to AIB by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this position. AIB operates a direct sourcing model and where agency assistance is required, the Talent Acquisition team will engage directly with our recruitment partners.