Senior Project Manager Trend & Cultural Insights
Department: Future & Creative Direction
Direct Reporting Line: VP or Sr.Design Director
Indirect/secondary reporting line:
GSMS Grade: M3
Number of Personnel Managed: –
Cost Center/Budget and/or Revenue Responsibility:
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Manage major, strategic projects & applied research for Trend & Cultural Insights end to end across Future Innovation, Creative Direction Advanced Concepts, Brand Design, Color/Materials/Graphics.
Ensure the efficient and high-performance operational implementation of Trend & Cultural Insights projects via project, research, partnership(s) and budget management on a daily, quarterly and annual basis.
• Pro-actively manage the development of key, strategic Trend & Cultural Insights projects, to ensure company and brand objectives are met, cross-functional teams are aligned, critical seasonal timelines are met.
• Pro-actively manage the development of multiple concepts and projects, running on multiple seasons, ensuring objectives, partnership/budget and timelines are met, and ensuring on-time delivery of tools to horizontal functions, BU’s, key stakeholders i.e. adidas group or licensee assets.
• Collaborate with Trend Working Group Strategic partnership teams & Future/CD Head Office teams to ensure clear communication, optimisation of processes, on-time deliveries to stakeholders.
• Collaborate with Future, Advanced Concepts, Creative Direction Resource team to ensure processes and annual timings are aligned and harmonized, ensuring holistic Trend & Cultural Insight end to end applied process are met.
• Establish, communicate, and champion Trend & Cultural Insight methodologies.
• Write Trend, Culture, Innovation, Insight, Design briefs, project timings, and project plans.
• Manage overall project workload and maintain project list.
• Manage overall budget for assigned area, planning annual budgets and forecasts, strategizing best use of funds.
• Organize consultancy, forecasting, freelance and agency/temp resources and manage communication and interaction.
• Support Trend & Cultural Insight teams in all operational issues.
• Ensure regular communication about adidas Trend & Cultural Insights and news/applied content in the organisation
• Champion and support the fulfilment of adidas Trend & Cultural insights strategies.
• Future & Creative Direction: Advanced Concepts, CD CMG, Brand Design
• Brand Marketing Operations/BU’s & functions
• Brand Communications
• Business Units
• Brand Design team/functions
• Brand Management & CTC
• Digital Innovation
• Adidas Group & Brand Assets/Licensees
• Consultancies, Freelancers, Academics, & Agencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven skills and capabilities in project, organization, time, and budget management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong client management skills
• Strong Negotiating and Collaborating skills
• Self-starter, strong self-initiative
• IT skills: Macintosh software, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint: advanced
• Language: English: fluent
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• University degree with equivalent work experience
• At least 5 years work experience in design related area (agency or company)
• Proven experience with the entire design process (project scope & time planning, design steps, production/execution of design solution, pre-press processes)
• Passion for adidas and its mission
• Passion for sports, culture, design, project management