Requisition ID: 113944
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: National Strategy Execution & PMO
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Location: Tahoe Office
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
At Sobeys, we are fostering our deep capabilities and capacity to successfully lead and execute strategic projects across the organization. Through Project Sunrise, we have seen our business plans and goals coming to life in meaningful ways, leading us to where we are today. As we embark on our ambitious journey to become the most innovative grocery retailer, building a strong governance framework of disciplined processes, systems and teams that drives execution excellence is paramount to our success going forward.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) reporting to the Director, EPMO. The primary responsibilities of this role is to lead the initiation, planning, controlling and monitoring, execution and closing of complex projects. Key project management responsibilities include creating clear and attainable project objectives, building the project requirements, and managing the triple constraint for projects, which is cost, time, and quality. Proficiency in related processes such as portfolio management, program management, methods and tools and quality assurance is also required. Senior project manager must have excellent stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully lead and manage the project team and project stakeholders, have strong communication skills, and have expertise in multi-channel grocery retail.
This is a visible role supporting all levels of stakeholders across the business.
What you’ll get to do in this fast-paced role:
• Management skills to manage one or more large, complex projects simultaneously
• Ability to balance both the “science” of how to perform project management and the “art” of project management, which is learned through experience and skill training/application
• Analytical skills and problem-solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
• Collaborate with Business Lead to create project charter to obtain a thorough understanding of the business objectives and define and agree on project scope with all stakeholders
• Agree on Critical Success Factors with key stakeholders to deliver projects on time, on budget within agreed upon scope
• Collaboratively build activities or work packages by sequence and duration while defining roles and responsibilities
• Realistically establish deadlines, build a change management and communication plan to be followed and manage the project financial status through day-to-day cost tracking
• Define success and manage milestone deliverables as scheduled by controlling deadlines with clear plans and empowering the team to be responsible for delivery
• Frequently update all project related documentation, status reports and stakeholder management throughout the lifecycle of the project
• Provide regular, clear and concise visibility to project status (key decisions, dependencies, issues, risks, metrics) through status reporting and project/resource reviews
• Demonstrate the ability to foresee, plan and self-correct any pending project risks which may impede progress or budget, and take appropriate action
• Manage and appropriately escalate project issues and key decision points (KDPs).
• Effectively manage third-party vendors against the agreement and ensure the delivery of the vendor solution is acceptable to all stakeholders.
• Build a “learning community” of practice within the project delivery discipline in continuous improvement through practical lessons learned to achieve higher maturity in project management
• Coach, mentor and support less experienced project managers
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
• Minimum 8-10+ years’ experience as a project manager – managing complex multi-faceted cross functional programs, working grocery retail, merchandising, store operations, IT technologies, managing global projects and continuously driving and delivering initiatives.
• Tenacious and willing to support the team during peak volumes and workloads with various activities.
• Strong in process management and controls to minimize risks exposure
• Experience in budget management and reforecasting to support annual planning and lead monthly reforecasting for project budgets
• Extensive experience with traditional and innovative project management processes, techniques, tools across agile, waterfall, iterative methods associated tools
• Strong Proficiency in MS Office specifically MS Excel
• Sound organizational, analytical, judgement and decision-making skills with proven abilities in problem solving
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain relationships
• Excellent oral and written communication skills for the development of strategy, guidelines, policies, standards, and best practices
• Knowledge of large ERP systems (i.e. SAP) is preferred
• University undergraduate degree in related discipline or equivalent
• PMP (required) or PgMP (nice to have) designation
• MBA (nice to have)
• Bilingualism in English and French is an asset
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
• Growing organization
• Competitive salary
• Ongoing Training & Development
• Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.