Requisition Number: 38566
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (“LCDs”) that are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat panel desktop monitors.
Role Purpose: Assist commercial leaderships to develop and implements a pricing proposal for the division that supports the achievement of revenue/share/profitability goals and product line strategies
1) Develop pricing strategies for the Corporation , communicate the intent and value of the pricing strategy and ensure visibility and alignments with accounts/regions
2) Work with multiple functions, including Product line Management, Sales, Engineering, and Manufacturing to understand customer value, as well as the competitive, technical, and cost drivers of pricing for specific product line(s) – Use this understanding to ensure the pricing strategy is value-based, when appropriate, and in support of the Corporation’s market value proposition
3) Define overall short- and long-term pricing strategies to align with overall business objectives and enable to deliver on NPAT/profit results for the Corporation
4) Develop long-term sales agreements/contracts by generating necessary analyses and proposing pricing tactics to close the deals with customers
5) Evaluate regional account teams’ pricing requests and determine how to create pricing proposals to meet customers’ requests while managing Corporation’s NPAT/profitability and share objectives
6) Develop short and long-term price forecasts and budgets for business planning, capital expenditures, and long-term (5-Year Plan) strategy developments
7) Cooperate with key functions to prepare key pricing presentations/deck for supporting monthly executive meetings and interactions with the investment community
8) Ensure Corning’s and customers’ compliance to prevailing contractual terms and conditions and properly executes contract pricing requirements
9) Closely track and analyze Corning’s price trend and provides this information cross-functions for developing strategies, i.e product line strategies
10) Develops an appropriate view of competitors’ product offerings, product performance, pricing strategy, and pricing tactics
• Interpersonal Savvy
– Relates well to all kinds of people— up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization.
– Builds appropriate rapport.
– Builds constructive and effective relationships.
– Uses diplomacy and tact.
– Can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
• Business Acumen
– Uses knowledge of market demand and alternative technologies to determine appropriate pricing strategy.
– Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization that can effect pricing.
– Knows the competition, government, regulations and market and uses this knowledge to inform pricing strategy.
– Stays informed of industry developments through cross-functional experts in the division.
– Proactively drives needed adaptations of pricing strategy to incorporate major industry trends, developments, or issues.
• Dealing with Ambiguity
– Can effectively cope with change.
– Can shift gears comfortably.
– Can decide and act without having the total picture. Isn't upset when things are up in the air.
– Doesn't have to finish things before moving on.
– Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
• Strategic Agility
– Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately and adjusts the pricing strategy as necessary.
– Can articulate project pricing possibilities in the market and creates innovative pricing strategies and concepts to take advantage of them.
– Considers alternative ways that situations within the industry may evolve and how the pricing strategy will be impacted by those changes
• Data Gathering and Analytical Skills
– Gathers necessary and relevant data to make informed pricing strategy decisions.
– Understands critical issues related to and implications of the pricing strategy and performs/secures the analyses needed to develop a wellinformed pricing strategy.
– Recognizes important patterns, trends, or themes in information.
– Compares data to validate accuracy and consistency.
– Organizes and presents analysis in a compelling manner.
– Challenges current assumptions, as appropriate, and identifies the relationships among variables.
Credential requirement: 3 years and plus relevant working experience in similar field
• Bachelor’s Degree –Economics, Finance, or related business field.
• Work experience in a market / financial analysis role.
• MBA or equivalent demonstrated experience in multi-national company.