At adidas, our love for sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a show more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don't just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics. We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it's hard work inventing the future of sport, and that's why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
One way to reach this goal is within the Platform team, to own and develop the foundational platforms, the capabilities that enable the business to efficiently deliver brand & product content for a premium consumer experience across all digital touchpoints.
With a common goal to enable a richer, more consistent consumer journey across all digital touchpoints by publishing high quality product data to all digital applications.
What we are looking for:
- The API Platform evangelist plays a central role in driving the API led architecture and the API transformation program at adidas.
- The ideal candidate is a passionate about APIs, whose work is often self-initiated, with a clear vision for how to execute API program in a large enterprise.
- He/she advises on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to the API architecture and can make appropriate choices from alternatives.
- Experience with Multi-protocol APIs including GraphQL / gRPC / streaming.
- He/she candidate has deep technical knowledge and a strong record in API design which stands the test of the time.
- Experience and familiarity with the following enterprise security standards – SAML, OAuth, OpenID, LDAP, PKI.
- Eager to never stop learning.
- Promote usage of API's and explain benefits of implementing adidas API program in our engineering communities.
- Oversee our API strategy including its direction, align it with key stakeholders and map API strategy into API program execution plan.
- Own and govern API catalogue and ensure completeness of data in it.
- Development of an API Factory by standardizing the creation process and using production engineering approaches to automate API development.
- Develop and maintain common vocabulary for API’s in collaboration with our integration platforms
- Conduct design reviews to ensure that API’s are aligned towards the API guidelines.
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities for APIs.
Technologies we use:
- APIs : REST / HTTP / GRAPHQL / gRPC / SOAP / ODATA
- API Design: Contract First / OAS (Swagger) / JSON-LD / HAL / SIREN / ODATA / AsyncAPI
- Container knowledge: Kubernetes, Docker
- Security Standards : SAML, OAuth, OpenID, LDAP, PKI.
- CI/CD: Jenkins
- Database: Aurora (PostgreSQL)
What we offer:
- You will be part of a company where digital transformation, innovation and continuous improvement are core principles of our culture.
- You will be part of the growing adidas API Community, leading, driving and coordinating the API strategy for a core strategic area of our business.
- You will be part of a highly engaged, multinational with international career opportunities.
- Individual development, training and a tech community.
- Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance and flexibility
- Competitive salary, benefits and valuable discounts on adidas & Reebok products
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.
If you are looking for growing professionally within adidas, we are happy to receive your application.