Req Id: 246208
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s national networks. The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
We are committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees. If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Who we are:
The Bell Network team is on a journey to transform how Bell delivers the best customer experience with seamless access to a software-driven and cloud-based ecosystem of products, services and content. This transformation is about simplifying, virtualizing and automating the network transport and services to lower costs and increase agility to deploy Bell services.
At the centre of driving this transformation is the Smart Core Strategy and Program Office, orchestrating the full life cycle of these changes, from initial concept and strategic direction, to its delivery and launch. From emerging ‘smart’ technologies like edge computing, virtual network services and 5G network slicing, our Strategy and Program Office acts as the glue in aligning the direction of the organization and managing the development and execution of complex cross-functional programs that will really make a difference to Bell’s profitability and the superior experience delivered to our customers.
We are a new start-up team of industry experts, covering a wealth of technical backgrounds across wireless, wireline, TV and Media, but grounded in a strong understanding of the business side of technology. The breadth of our scope is wide, interfacing across Bell business units and with the industry that influences our direction. If you have an insatiable appetite for learning, with exceptional communication skills and an ability to influence and engage in a fast moving environment, we have the next career progression for you!
As a Smart Core Strategist of the Strategy & Program Office, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing strategic technology business plans and directives for the incubation, evaluation and direction setting of technologies that support the development of a common management and control layer across all of Bell’s fixed, wireless and media delivery networks
- Bridging and translating longer term business needs from internal Business Units, into requirements that influence the development of smart, cloud-based network capabilities
- Influencing and educating internal Business Units on the state of technology evolution in the industry and within the Bell Network organization, that can contribute positively to Business Unit cost structure, agility, customer experience and revenue generation
- Working with internal business partners to develop business cases and/or supporting business rationale for the strategic investments in core network technology enablers
- Working extremely closely with internal technology strategists and enterprise architects to jointly contribute to the development of macro business-technology architectures and roadmaps, and set direction for development teams prior to program execution
- Presenting to senior executive decision makers, to influence support on network strategies and implementation plans
- Attending key industry forums as an industry expert, contributing both knowledge, and bringing back insights that influence our corporate direction
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
The ideal candidate for the role:
- Is energized by the opportunity to develop deep technical and business understandings of emerging technology concepts, and evaluate their fit relative to Bell’s strategic network direction
- Handles ambiguity well, works autonomously, and collaborates brilliantly
- Possesses a strong business acumen, and is able to express business strategies in financial terms through detailed cost-benefit models
- Has exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Is comfortable, confident and prepared in interfacing with senior executive stakeholders
- Has a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar strategic planning or assessment role
- Is naturally motivated to develop strong interpersonal relationships, and can deliver results through people
- Is bold in their thinking and action, but operates with humility
A working knowledge of wireless core network technologies, protocols and standards, especially in the context of emerging 5G (eg – 3GPP Rel 15/16) is considered an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 12/16/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, MB, Flin Flon
#LI-CL1 #Feature TC:ITN