Req Id: 246207
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s national networks. The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
We are committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Who we are:
The Bell Network team is on a journey to transform how Bell delivers the best customer experience with seamless access to a software-driven and cloud-based ecosystem of products, services and content. This transformation is about simplifying, virtualizing and automating the network transport and services to lower costs and increase agility to deploy Bell services.
At the centre of driving this transformation is the Smart Core Strategy and Program Office, orchestrating the full life cycle of these changes, from initial concept and strategic direction, to its delivery and launch. From emerging ‘smart’ technologies like edge computing, virtual network services and 5G network slicing, our Strategy and Program Office acts as the glue in aligning the direction of the organization and managing the development and execution of complex cross-functional programs that will really make a difference to Bell’s profitability and the superior experience delivered to our customers.
We are a new start-up team of industry experts, covering a wealth of technical backgrounds across wireless, wireline, TV and Media, but grounded in a strong understanding of the business side of technology. The breadth of our scope is wide, interfacing across Bell business units and with the industry that influences our direction. If you have an insatiable appetite for learning, with exceptional communication skills and an ability to influence and engage in a fast moving environment, we have the next career progression for you!
As a senior manager of the Strategy & Program Office, your responsibilities will include:
- Create a new front door planning and assessment practice for all wireless, wireline, TV and Media projects requiring the development and delivery of common technology enablers such as network cloud, big data and software-driven orchestration, that enable the Bell Network to be simpler, virtualized and highly automated
- Work closely with strategists, enterprise architects and product owners to size new initiatives, and shape the funnel, ensuring those with the highest business benefit are green-lighted
- Maintain a holistic view across multiple development teams of their work backlogs, and develop a management system to align teams to a common set of delivery priorities under fixed constraints of time and resources
- Kickstart and shepherd projects from concept phase, to ready-for-execution, working with multiple internal product owner teams
- Collaborate as part of a small management team to iteratively develop the end-to-end assessment-to-launch process for complex cross-organization delivery programs
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
The ideal candidate for the role:
- Is energized by the opportunity to create new cross-organizational operating models that don’t exist today
- Handles ambiguity well, works autonomously, and collaborates brilliantly
- Has a process/structured mindset with a track record to prove it, and is keen to learn and experiment
- Has a minimum of 7 years of experience in intensive, hands-on daily process improvement initiatives, working with and coaching both direct and indirect reports
- Is naturally motivated to develop strong interpersonal relationships, and can deliver results through people
- Has an extensive working knowledge of Agile / Scrum and DevOps principles, but is pragmatic in adapting these principles to always fit the situation and team to maximize flow and output
- Is comfortable, confident and prepared in interfacing with senior executive stakeholders
- Has experience managing both operational and capital budgets
- Has strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with a good sense of humor
- Is bold in their thinking and action, but operates with humility
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 01/10/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
#LI-CL1 #Feature TC:ITN