CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a technology leader delivering hybrid networking, cloud connectivity, and security solutions to customers around the world. Through its extensive global fiber network, CenturyLink provides secure and reliable services to meet the growing digital demands of businesses and consumers. CenturyLink strives to be the trusted connection to the networked world and is focused on delivering technology that enhances the customer experience. Learn more at http://news.centurylink.com/.
Location (Country): Japan
City/Work Location: Osaka (Home based)
Position Title: Senior Windows Engineer
Reporting to: Manager, Japan Hosting Operations Platform
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00an – 6:00pm
24×7 on-call (Mobile phone will be provided by CenturyLink Japan)
Language: Japanese: Native Level Preferred
English: Higher Business Level
Position Objective/ Summary:
The Hosting compute department is accountable for all platform support for CenturyLink managed hosting Clients, Comprising of Incident Management, Change Management, Request Fulfillment and interacting closely with Problem management.
The Senior Windows Engineer is member of JP Hosting Operations and working with peer positions in the US, EMEA and APAC regions. The successful candidate will be capable of meeting demands for timely customer facing feedback on on-going escalated issues, root cause reports and will drive internal technical teams towards the effective and efficient operations activities as assigned by regional or global mgmt. They will provide superior support to a subset of CenturyLink Clients in a complex network and/or hosting solutions environment. The engineer will review, approve and execute change requests to ensure successful change management. They will troubleshoot systems and network incidents to provide the maximum availability and optimal Mean Time To Repair.
The Main Responsibilities
Deliver superior customer service through professional, comprehensive, and timely communication for all Incidents and Requests for Change
• Ensure timely response, escalation, and resolution to promote the rapid restoration of services for all incidents
• Through review and approval, ensure methodical and successful execution of customer change requests
• Maintain system stability through advanced troubleshooting, timely resolution of customer incidents, and proactive maintenance
• Maintain and improve client loyalty and Net Promoter scores
• Partner with the Account and Sales team and aid in the regular Service Reviews. Work with the Account team to built a strong client relationship and grown revenue
• Communicating and collaborating with local and global teams.
• Pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of issues.
• Provide 24×7 escalation supports for Microsoft Windows platform and SQL Server environment for Japan Managed Hosting Customer
• Dispatch to data center or customer site for on-site support if urgent
• Tasks assigned by leaders
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Email and Phone based communications in both Japanese and English
• Reading and Writing in both Japanese and English
• Previous Operating Systems support experience in enterprise, IT or service provider environment
• Hands on experience including but not limited to:
o Administration of Microsoft Operating Systems (2008,2012,2016)
o Administration of Common Windows operating system components (IIS(FTP Service), Active Directory, DNS, RDS, Clustering etc)
o Administration of Hardware and firmware exposure to physical systems environments (HP, IBM, SuperMicro etc)
o Administration of Database system (MSSQL 2005 – latest, with HA, Clustering, and Always-On, and other RDBMS etc)
o Administration of virtual environments, especially VMware (VMware, KVM, Oracle VM etc) for enterprise
o Administration of performance tuning from an infrastructure and platform perspective
o Administration of Backup system (Netbackup, Arcserve, Acronis etc) and Bare Metal Recovery
o Administration of Storage system (IBM, Dell EMC, HPE, NetApp etc)
o Administration of Public Cloud Environment (AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI etc)
o Administration of Automation or Orchestration system (HPSA, Ansible, Kubernetes etc)
• Familiarity with:
o Linux/Unix Systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6 and 7, Solaris)
o Knowledge of Shell scripting/Perl/Python/Expect/Power shell and/or other scripting languages.
o Basic Network (Firewall, Switch, Load Balancer, Security etc)
o Dedicated device (Cisco, Juniper, F5, A10, Imverva etc)
• A commitment to delivering a superior customer experience through direct interaction with customers during support and change management
• Technical certifications in areas of expertise (Microsoft, Redhat)
• Ability to quickly adapt to advancing technologies and procedural changes
• Proven incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely resolution
• Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with other technologists and business partners to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment
• Ability to work well in team environment
• Hardware and Software vendor management
• Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills in Japanese and English
• Experience diagnosing complex issues through packet capture analysis (Wireshark, tcpdump, snoop, Sniffer Pro)
• Familiarization with ITIL guidelines and practices
• Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies
• Project Management experience
Education or Equivalent Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in related fields
• Minimum 6-8 years of experience in related IT Field
Requisition #: 224571
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.