CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for oversee our SCRUM processes and improvements including Project Managing, Metrics Reporting, Documentation and Delivery of Active Defense Projects and Processes. act as a buffer between the scrum team and product owner and maintain a safe working environment for the team by helping with conflict resolution. You will need to be able to think fast to help solve problems. Communication skills are a plus, as you will be communicating with the development and scrum teams and product owner. Leadership skills are a must as well.
Responsible for operating and maintaining security technologies in pursuit of an Active Defense program. This senior role will assist with operation’s escalations. Will assist in advanced troubleshooting of Active Defense technologies. Senior engineers will be responsible for training and mentoring other members of the Active Defense team. Must have base understanding of operating systems, networking, applications, and databases in addition to security specific technologies. Candidate should have familiarity with host and network security hardening, networking protocols, common intrusion techniques, and risk management concepts. Daily work will require problem-solving skills related to Active Defense technologies. The engineer will respond to, remediate, and document operational and maintenance incidents not limited to alerts, tickets, emails, or phone calls. Feedback will be provided for the engineering and architectural consistency of Active Defense technologies and processes. Actively maintain all Active Defense related documentation, procedures, and processes for best in class operation. Contribute to security projects dedicated to improving Active Defense team and CenturyLink’s security posture.
- Network Security – Firewall, Intrusion Detection (IDS), Intrusion Prevention (IPS), Virtual Private Network (VPN) Concentrators
- 3-5 years of professional experience in network, information technology or security (preferred) relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree: Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, Cybersecurity, related field or equivalent experience
- Familiar with security tools and concepts such as firewalls, vulnerability scanning and management, multi-factor authentication, TACACS, virtual private networks (VPN), intrusion detection and prevention, endpoint security, mobility management, Host-Based intrusion detection and prevention, SIEM, privilege management, data loss prevention, Email Filtering.
- Familiar with health monitoring tools and technologies
- Working knowledge with at least one of Linux, Windows, Solaris, Mac OSX
- Working technical knowledge of networks, applications, operating systems, databases, etc.
- Familiar in at least one scripting language
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- General understanding of risk-based assessment methodologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in large enterprise or carrier data centers and/or networks
- CISSP, CEH, GCIH, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CISM or CISA or equivalent level certifications strongly desired
- Network or Operating System certifications current or expired strongly desire.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Kansas-New Century
Requisition #: 219013
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.